Saturday, May 19, 2012

Birthday Words.


I wrote this around my Birthday this year.  Had it tucked away.  Thought it would be a good time to share it...








Today.  Monday.  New month. Almost a new year.

I'm sad for no reason.  I'm like that.  Sometimes I wish I could turn my stupid heart off, stop feeling, stop caring, stop reaching for things that I'm not ready for.

Today I'm not honoring my gifts as a blessing as they really are.  I guess I just need a day to be frustrated with the way I was made. I wish I didn't see the tiny little things in people that make them who they are. I wish I didn't find good in them.  I wish I didn't attract the ones that desperately need that connection.  Because it's what I have to offer that these people are needing, not me.  This shell I carry around, that holds my insides in, sometimes just gets in the way. I love deep. I love hard. I crush easily. I survive. And I still have like 8 lives left.  I crave the human connection, not some superficial front that everyone carries around.  That's why most days I feel lost.  I'm swimming around as I am, as I will ever be, in a pond of fish that have no effing clue.


Anyway.  I just had to let that go.  I can breathe, at least for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment